Happy Saturday! I had a late night at work last night so I tried to “sleep-in” a bit… but Izzy had other plans. She just has to wake me up. So I decided to write instead. Luck you!
And I’ve been lucky enough to be given an award by a few bloggers, Alex, Amalia, and Colleen. I almost feel like I won a gold medal from these awesome ladies! since there are so many and this is kinda fun I’m going to spread out my survey questions. Since Alex nominated me first- I’m going to do that one now! I hope you are ready to know all the things you never wondered about me. We’re about to get CLOSE.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
Okay so here we go 11 random things:
1. At most times I will have my nails done/painted myself, and my toenails MUST be painted. Even in winter. It might be something to do with the fact that I have a permanent black toe nail from field hockey ew.
2. Things I eat/drink probably everyday or most: Coffee (duh), peanut butter, cheese, spinach salad, dark chocolate, salsa. Also eggs in some form: scrambled, dippy, or hardboiled in my salad.
3. As much as I say I want to move to a city (which I do) because there’s more to do and more available than my rinky dink area. I kinda love my little PA farm town I’ve lived all my life and would probably miss it. There’s no traffic, peaceful..and where else does this happen?
Getting stuck behind a tractor is a regular occurrence around these parts. Drew grew up in the suburbs of Philly and I think he literally thinks that where I live is a circus. it’s interesting..full of Camo, ridiculous pick-up trucks, and chickens.
4. I’m a Pittsburgh Sports fan through and through, and Pittsburgh is my favorite city.
5. Wedding Crasher’s quotes are used in my daily life. Seriously. Ask Drew.
“what an IDIOT!” “MA, the meatloaf! I never know what she’s doing…back there”
6. I’ve never run more than 5 miles at one time before. My furthest total has been 6.2 miles when I did a duathlon that included two 5ks. I’ve mostly just never had a reason to do that and I don’t LOVE running so much that I could just bang out a long ass run for no reason. Also my injury prone foot probably wouldn’t like it too much. I enjoy a good 3-4 mile run.
7. That being said..going long distance on a bike doesn’t bother me one bit. I haven’t done anything crazy long, but if Drew said- hey we are doing 50 miles today. i’d probably be fine with it. (gotta do what you love people)
8. I like to carry stevia packets in my purse for when I have coffee at work or if I stop for it.
9. I LOVE to cook but I barely am home to have time for it anymore. The months of january-march when I only had one job and was home more I got to cook a lot and create different little experiments.
10. I miss college life
and my friends pretty bad. Living with 4 other girls was so much fun. not to mention I had a family with my field hockey team. I’ve been at home for like 8 months now and none of my friends live at home anymore so it’s boring for me. My best friend is 4 hours away from me
and my other bestie from college moved to Florida. Wah
and it doesn’t help that Drew is also 3 hours away either.
11. I live right by the Gettysburg Battlefield
and honestly don’t know much about the war. I’m not a good history buff. That being said the area itself is really awesome and the town is fun to walk around. Not to mention it’s really haunted…kinda fun
- What is a little smile for today? This morning I put cinnamon in my coffee. Genius. Why haven’t I done this before??
- What is your favorite, go to snack product? My go to lunch snacks at work are green peppers and carrots (with some ranch) and some greek yogurt, strawberries, and sliced almonds for a little “parfait”. oh and i pack a Dove Dark Chocolate piece.
- What is a family tradition you plan on carrying on for your family? This is probably weird but we don’t have many traditions in my family. Holidays are always changing because we have family all over the place so it’s constantly changing. Maybe that’s our tradition??
- What is the most recent blog you have discovered? The most recent is Colleen’s Chocolate Mile
- What is one food you could not live without? oh geez…probably chocolate..or coconut..or cheese…you see i can’t decide I love them all!
- What is your favorite fitness class? I love my HIIT classes! Body pump is a close favorite too.
- What is one piece of clothing or accessory you wear everyday? I MUST wear earrings. Kinda like my nail polish thing I seriously have to have my earrings in. I feel naked without them. I have 6 piercings in all and they must be filled. thank god you could wear jewelry in college sports.
- What relaxes you at the end of the day? usually reading blogs, or reading a book. I’m a book worm!
- What body part do you love about yourself? I love my arms and shoulders…they’re strong…thank you field hockey!
- What is a pet peeve of yours? I hate it when people don’t have manners. I wait tables and you’d be shocked at people who say “Gimme this” or just in general can’t say please and thank you. My parents woulda smacked me if I didn’t say those things. When I worked before and after school care at a YMCA nothing happened for those kids if they weren’t polite.
- Is there a word or phrase you use a lot? haha you’ve read my blog- probably a lot but I can’t pinpoint any to myself. maybe i don’t want to know!
Okay so I’m going to wait til I fill out everyone else’s questions to make my own and Tag others. So that’s the latest installment of:
“Learn everything you didn’t want to know about Katie.”
- What are your random facts?
- Answer any of my questions above!
There is also STILL time to enter my giveaway! I’ll be announcing tomorrow! You know you want to win Soy Protein goodies!